ALTERNATIVE PRAGUE TOURS
– Discover Prague’s hidden sights and background stories with us on our 3-hour alternative walking tour in Prague’s Newtown and quirky Žižkov neighbourhood.
– We’re a bunch of local guides showing what’s authentic in the city, talking about Prague people, taking you to see neighbourhoods where locals actually go out and live. You’ll learn about our history, current social-political topics, minorities, subcultures and much more.
– Get to know Prague off the beaten path – with us, locals who love their city. Go Beyond…
|WHEN||➳ Fri, Sat, Sun at 2 pm
➳ Online booking necessary
|DURATION||➳ 3 hrs+|
|PRICE||➳ Students – 590 CZK (€22)
➳ Adults – 690 CZK (€26)
|WHAT’S INCLUDED||➳ Tram & metro tickets
➳ 2 free drinks
➳ Local expert guide
➳ Personal approach
➳ Small-size groups
|WHAT TO BRING||➳ ☂️ + proper shoes & clothes
➳ We’ll go any weather
Where do we start?
Located in the middle of the Wenceslas square – sign “Meeting point” in front of Sephora Shop (Vaclavske namesti 832/19).
Look for a guide with a white-green umbrella.
How to get there?
Metro station Můstek – lines A or B, or metro station Muzeum – line C
Tram stop Vaclavske namesti (Wenceslas square) – lines 3, 5, 6, 9, 14 or 24
|Ticket type||Adults, Students|
Discover Prague’s hidden sights with us
Our guides will take you off the beaten track to discover places hidden to most travellers. Open your eyes to what is not readily apparent:
- Cosy artistry café away from mainstream tourism
- The main train station and its background sites and stories
- Cultural and community centres in Prague suburbs
- Legal graffiti zone in Žižkov area and amazing view from Parukářka park
What we talk about
We go beyond mainstream topics. Let us tell you about:
- Life during the communist era and nowadays
- Characteristic features of the current Czech society
- Commonly overlooked social/political topics – LGBT, minorities, immigration, religion, ecology etc.
We want our tours to be personal and authentic and also the venues we show to benefit from our visits. Therefore we:
- Keep the groups small
- Have local guides
- Support local subcultures & communities with the tour money
We’ve decided to start this project to show curious tourists the less apparent or appealing, but more authentic sights of Prague. The tours focus on locals, their history, lifestyle, beliefs and habits.
“Beyond The Mainstream“ is definitely not just a business project. It represents our approach to life and values we care for. We use it to support social, cultural and community centres we’re connected with.